Thursday, November 26, 2009

JAB! The Blue Devils of Paramin.



I was searching the blogosphere when I came across an interesting blog called Hook me up Rico and on it  was an entry for a ‘movie/ documentary  called Jab! Blue Devils of  Paramin the clip was sweet so I tracked down the other clips and any other information I could find on it, gatherd it all together  and brought it here for you...
I hope you enjoy these as much as I did, hell I going and see if I could get myself a copy right now!


JAB! The Blue Devils of Paramin.
JAB! Blue Devils of Paramin Isolated in the mountains of Trinidad, the district of Paramin, once a year at Carnival time sheds its rural languor and erupts into an inferno of blue-painted ‘jabs’ or devils. This 46-minute documentary, filmed in the two weeks leading up to Carnival, follows Kootoo, King Devil, as he prepares with his three brothers to once again win the village competition for the most convincing devil band. Known for his athletic prowess, and given to extraordinary feats like ripping up trees and scaling tall buildings, the charismatic Kootoo must still work hard with his band of devils to win the prize in the face of serious competition from a new generation of ‘jabs’. Will the brothers’ scheme to add a new twist to the masquerade be enough for them to win? Directed by Alex de Verteuil, 46 min source






Co-directed and edited by Luke Paddington: lpaddi@hotmail.com For Sales and Screening: pdcarib@trinidad.net This is the trailer for the 2006 47 min documentary Jab: Kootoo is a hillside farmer in the mountain community of Paramin, but once a year he becomes the King of Jab followed by his brothers, James, Harry and Corpad who transform themselves into the Blue Devils of Paramin.
Two more Blue Devil clips not from the movie but because the Mas Moves me!





1 comment:

Georgia-Davis-St,Jill said...

Brings back a lot of good memories.Thanks.

Share it.

Translate

Instagram

Instagram

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook Badge

MAS REPUBLIC Headlines


This is MassassinnatioN

Global

QR

QR

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner