Sunday, February 06, 2011

National Carnival Commission (NCC) chairman Kenny de Silva said yesterday any band found breaking the Parade of the Bands route on Carnival Monday and Tuesday will have to pay a stiff penalty.
Photo of west Port of Spain and downtown (orig...Image via WikipediaHe said the route remains the same as last year where Mas bands enter the Queen’s Park Savannah via Charlotte Street, Port-of-Spain adding the bands can only proceed to Charlotte Street from Park or Piccadilly Streets, and if they break that route they would be penalised.

He did not say what would be the penalties.

Mindful of reports that a number of bands broke the route by going on Frederick Street and entering Charlotte Street from Oxford and Gordon Streets, he stressed, “We hope they let good sense prevail and adhere to the parade route in the best interest of the festival.”

NCC is also reverting to a plan where they will send clusters of small, medium and large bands to start their procession at each competition venue simultaneously, thus allowing for the free flow of bands as had been done several years ago and worked in the past.

With respect to the children’s Parade of the Bands on Carnival Saturday, the NCC will make an application to the police to have the young masqueraders proceed up Frederick Street to enter the Savannah for the competition. De Silva said, “That way, the parade will end in good time for Panorama Finals to start on time.”



SOURCE

Enhanced by Zemanta
Post a Comment

Share it.

Translate

Instagram

Instagram

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google+ Badge

MAS REPUBLIC Headlines


This is MassassinnatioN

Global

QR

QR

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner