Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Darren Cheewah explains the concept of 'X'


Now I will be the first to say even though Peter Samuel did explain some of the ‘X’ concept to me, my understanding of what I saw only went as far as the 21st century Sailor mas, the rest was not clear to me.
Trinidad Carnivals managed an interview with  the designer of ‘Strictly Alternative Mas’ (SAM) Darren Cheewah, who explains the influences on the mas its relation to the traditions of the past and the socio/political issues of today. 



There is a good article on Cheewah, X, and SAM on the Trinidad Carnivals blog check it out.
 ‘X’ launches on Friday 14th of October 2011.

X Band Launch by MAS ASSASSIN
Enhanced by Zemanta
Post a Comment

Share it.

Translate

Instagram

Instagram

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google+ Badge

MAS REPUBLIC Headlines


This is MassassinnatioN

Global

QR

QR

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner